Knit a Stranded (2-Color) Hat
Tuesdays: October 16, 23 and 30, 2018
at INUA Wool Shoppe
Cost is $60 plus materials / taught by Cathie Harms and Ginny Tillett
Limited to 12 students, minimum 2
You know the basics of knitting, but are you getting tired of solids and stripes?
Are you starting to covet knitted items with Fair Isle or Norwegian color patterns?
Here’s your chance!
This class is for knitters who know how to cast on, knit and purl in the round, and decrease. You will learn how to do a two color cast on, purl a two color braid, and follow a color chart to create a beautiful hat in two colors!
- Knit & purl stitches
- Knitting in the round
- Be able to read English and perform relatively fine motor skills with your hands.
Materials (to be purchased from Inua):
You will choose and purchase during class 1:
- One ball worsted weight “change color” yarn (Noro Kuryeon or Silk Garden, Cascade Casablanca, or Odin all work well)
- One ball worsted weight solid color yarn (Lamb’s Pride, Dream in Color Classy, Malabrigo, or Cascade 220 all work well)
- Needles if needed
- Magnetic chart reader or Post It Tape (recommended but not required)
- Miscellaneous gadgets/bags (if desired)
Things to bring from home:
- 32” or greater Circular needles sizes 7 or 8 (what you need to get gauge of 4 stitches/inch
- Reading glasses (if needed)
- A notebook (optional)
To register for a class, stop by the shop or call (907) 479-5830. ALL CLASSES MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. CLASS FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Teachers will be available before class to help with purchase of yarn and other materials for the class and INUA staff are always happy to help.