What??? Two Color Cables????
Tuesdays: April 19, 26 and May 3
6:00-9:00 p.m. at INUA Wool Shoppe
Cost is $60 plus materials / taught by Cathie Harms
Limited to 12 students, minimum 2
You know how to knit cables. You know how to knit two-color stranded patterns.
So how about those two-color cables?
Here’s your chance!
This class is for experienced knitters who know how to knit stranded and knit cables (along with casting on, knitting and purling in the round, and decreasing). You will learn how to do corregated ribbing, and the skills you need to knit the Habitat Hat by Jared Flood in two colors!
- Knit & purl stitches
- Knitting in the round
- Knitting stranded color patterns holding one yarn in each hand.
- Knitting cables (with or without a cable needle, your preference).
- Be able to read English and perform relatively fine motor skills with your hands.
Materials (to be purchased from Inua):
You will choose and purchase during class 1:
- “Habitat” hat pattern from Jared Flood (available from Inua or online).
- Background yarn: one ball worsted weight, either solid (Lamb’s Pride, Dream in Color Classy, Malabrigo, or Cascade 220 all work well) or “change color” yarn (Noro Kuryeon or Silk Garden, Cascade Casablanca, or Odin all work well).
- Cables yarn: one ball worsted weight solid color yarn (Lamb’s Pride, Dream in Color Classy, Malabrigo, or Cascade 220 all work well).
- Needles if needed
- Magnetic chart reader or Post It Tape (recommended but not required)
- Miscellaneous gadgets/bags (if desired)
Things to bring from home:
- 32” or greater Circular needles sizes 7 or 8 (what you need to get gauge of 4 stitches/inch
- Reading glasses (if needed)
- A notebook (optional)
To register for a class, stop by the shop or call (907) 479-5830. ALL CLASSES MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. CLASS FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Teachers will be available before class to help with purchase of yarn and other materials for the class and INUA staff are always happy to help.