Basic Knitting 101
Tuesdays: September 19, 26 and October 3, 2017
6:00-9:00 pm at INUA Wool Shoppe
Cost is $60 plus materials (purchased at Inua)
Limited to 6 students, minimum 2
Have you been admiring knitted items in stores or catalogues?
Have you always wanted to learn to make them?
Do you want to be warmer this winter?
Here’s your chance!
This class is for beginners with little or no experience. You will learn about different types and weights of yarn, different types of needles, how to: cast on, knit, purl, knit in the round, decrease, and fix mistakes! You will also learn to follow a simple pattern and make a hat!
- Absolutely no knitting knowledge required! Be ready to learn.
- Be able to read English and perform relatively fine motor skills with your hands.
You will choose and purchase from Inua during class 1:
- Bulky weight yarn
- Needles - circular v. double pointed needles; wood v. metal
- Miscellaneous gadgets/bags (if desired)
Things to bring from home:
- Reading glasses (if needed)
- A notebook (optional)
- Any knitting equipment you already own and are curious about
To register for a class, stop by the shop or call (907) 479-5830. ALL CLASSES MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. CLASS FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Teachers will be available before class to help with purchase of yarn and other materials for the class and INUA staff are always happy to help.