Saturdays: September 29, October 6 and 13, 2018
3pm – 6pm
Class Cost $60
This class is designed to be an introduction to the wonderfully obsessive world of sock knitting. Truly, once you wear your first pair of hand-knit socks, you will be forever addicted!
- You must be able to knit and purl
- It is helpful if you have already knit something in the round using double pointed needles (DPN’s) or circulars, but not mandatory
- 100g Worsted Weight Yarn (superwash would be best) purchased at Inua.
- Needles that will get you 5 stitches per inch (DPN’s or circulars)
- Please be prepared for class… swatch if necessary to determine the correct needle size that you will need.
The sample sock was knit in Dream in Color Classy, which is one of my personal favorites for a worsted weight superwash yarn. Some other appropriate yarn choices for this class would be the Cascade 220 Superwash, the On-line Supersocke Tonga, of the Malabrigo Rios. It is easier to see the stitches with a lighter color of yarn, so please stay away from black and other dark colors.
I used size 6 needles (4.00mm) for the sample sock. Everybody’s gauge is different, so please make sure you swatch to make sure you have a needle and yarn combination that will give you 5 stitches to the inch. I want your socks to fit you! If you knit a little loose, you’ll probably want to go down a needle size. If you knit on the tight side, you’ll probably want to go up a needle size.
You may use DPN’s or circulars for your sock, whichever you are most comfortable using. And, if you want to use both methods, that’s not a problem. I’m happy to show you how to use DPN’s or circulars!
To register for a class stop by the shop or call (907) 479-5830. ALL CLASSES MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. CLASS FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Teachers will be available before class to help with purchase of yarn and other materials for the class and INUA staff are always happy to help.